Copy of She's Gotta Have It
You damn right, I do! 2018 is the year I stop playing small, and truly go after everything I desire – success, joy, and $$$. Writing is also on that list. When I first started a blog, waaaaaay back in the day (2008), I was young, going through some shit and most importantly, I was writing from an honest and raw place. And to be quite frank with y'all, I kinda-really miss that. The last couple of years blogging has been a little difficult for me. Somewhere down the road, I lost my authenticity. What started as a diary style blog, into a full on fashion blog. I began to write about shit I didn't care about. I could tell my readers didn't give much of a fuck either. My engagement drastically plummeted. Even my sister, Ade, who was my number one supported stopped reading my blog. Now, don't get me wrong – I love love love fashion, BUT I want to do things a little different around here. I'm getting back to what my true passions are, and why I originally sought out to blog in the first place – to connect, inspire. and be authentic.
So, here's to less talking and more doing.
...And while we're at it, here are a few of my goals for 2018:
- Volunteer twice a month (start in Feb)
- Travel to Nigeria and Senegal
- Practice self care in the mornings
- Get over my fear of driving and get my damn license.
- Be more organize in my business
- Start boxing
- Travel within the United States at least 3 times
- Plan a road trip with my mom and sisters
- Save $5,000 in three months
- Connect with 5 different people at events
- Promote my business
- Create a collage once a month
- Raise $$$ for a charitable cause